Claridge and Hall Bros. Ltd was founded in 1890 by William Claridge, a plumber and decorator, in Cowper Road, Harpenden.
In 1934 William’s son Percy, now the sole owner, bought a small building business from Ralph and Hector Hall, and the Hall name was incorporated into the company name.
The business continued to be run by Percy Claridge and for many years the firm continued to flourish and expand.
In 1968 Percy's son Bruce became managing director of the firm. By now, Claridge & Hall had expanded into the fields of general building, plumbing, heating engineering and contracting. The company’s portfolio grew, as did the ability to undertake all manner of work encompassing, in addition to residential work; sports halls, hospitals, church halls and civic buildings; covering all aspects from new build to repairs and renovations, extensions and conversions.
One of the oldest privately owned building businesses in the area, Claridge & Hall Bros. Ltd. is now under the control of Bruce’s son Robert Claridge and continues to provide high quality work and craftsmanship, combined with excellent customer service.